September 8, 2021 - TCO
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Patient Safety Message
At Twin Cities Orthopedics, the health and safety of our patients and staff is always our number one priority. With this in mind, we are continuing to closely monitor the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak. In addition to staying in constant contact with the Minnesota Department of Health, we are staying up-to-date with the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- In an effort to keep everyone safe, we are asking all patients/visitors to NOT enter the building, and instead call to reschedule appointments if the following apply to you:
- Had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the 24 hours prior to your appointment or feel ill on the day of your appointment.
- Returned from international travel in the last 10 days.
- Note: Fully vaccinated patients who recently returned from international travel can be seen in clinic if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Mask/Face Coverings
- All patients, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask in TCO facilities.
- COVID-19 testing protocols have been put in place for all surgery patients receiving treatment inside ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs).
- Note: These safety measures apply to our Orthopedic Urgent Care walk-in visitors in addition to regularly scheduled clinic appointment visitors.
- We will now be offering virtual care for orthopedic needs and physical therapy appointments.
We will continue to provide ongoing safety measures for our patients and staff to ensure a safety and positive experience. For any questions about your appointment, or to schedule Virtual Care, please call 952.456.7777. For questions regarding your care, please contact your provider clinic directly.
The steps to protect yourself from Coronavirus (COVID-19) are generally the same as those for the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
For information on prevention, symptoms and what to do if you’re feeling sick, please call the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 651-201-3920.