October 26, 2017 - TCO
TCO Foundation welcomes doctors from Nicaragua
The reach of Twin Cities Orthopedics stretches beyond the borders of the Midwest – and even the United States. Team members from TCO were able to learn about the impact and experience of the TCO Foundation during the International Scholar Welcome and Volunteerism Showcase on Monday in Edina.
TCO physicians who have participated as volunteers outside the U.S. delivered presentations at the event, providing a glimpse of the work done on these trips around the world, and encouraged attendees to volunteer for future trips.
- David Palmer, MD, who shared the experiences from his medical mission trip to Tanzania
- Stephen Olmsted, MD, who visited Honduras for a medical mission trip
- Jay Johnson, MD, who traveled to Guatemala to provide care
- Randy Lewis, MD, who highlighted his work in Bhutan and the happiness of the country’s people
- David Gesensway, MD, who provided an overview of the Nicaragua medical mission trip
The night concluded with presentations from honored guests Donald Garcia, MD, and Juan Guadamuz, MD, orthopedic surgeons from Nicaragua. Drs. Garcia and Guadamuz will attend the 47th annual HCMC Orthopedic & Trauma Seminar, which takes place today through Saturday in Minneapolis.
To learn more about the TCO Foundation, visit to TCOFoundation.org.